Globally it has been a rough ride. And we have all come together. We are all doing our best to support others and get through this as best we can.
Yoga is in fact a huge support structure. It’s vast and varied and offers a wide range of practices, meditations and techniques. Yoga Teachers and those that have studied Yoga in depth know where to turn to help them find the energy that they need to face up to each challenge. Whether it’s a daily challenge, or something more long term.
Take for example the range of emotions and thoughts you might have been feeling throughout lockdown:
- If you’re feeling anxious, worried or unsure. Knowing which practices will ground you and give you a sense of security will help.
- If you’re feeling demotivated, uninspired or lethargic. Knowing which resources to turn to that will keep your resolve and intentions alive will help.
- If you’re feeling frustrated, antsy and full of energy that you need to burn. Knowing styles of practices to lean upon will help.
- If you’re ready to learn more and would prefer to delve into the right kind of resource to spend your time productively. Knowing which book or text to dive in to will help you stay on track with your Yoga practice.
And the list goes on…
And do you know what is probably the best thing about being able to look inside yourself, listen to what you need, and respond positively to maintain your physical and mental well-being?
It’s the example you can offer to others. The inspiration you can offer to your family, friends, loved ones to stay on track. For example, have you ever had a low day, and spoken to someone close to you that has offered a new perspective or a positive insight that has helped to turn your day around and given you the motivation to help yourself feel better? You can be that pillar to the ones you hold dear because you already know how to respond to your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. You are topped up and shining as brightly as you can each day. And on the days that your light shines dimly, you know how to love yourself through it and recharge your batteries.
This is what a 200 hour Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training offers to you.
Yes it offers a new career path, if you want to take it. It also offers extra work opportunities (that benefits others) to do alongside your current job.
It offers you a new qualification to add to your portfolio and the learning experience once more.
It offers you a host of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual practices so that you can always take care of your wellbeing.
If offers you a community, a sangha, of like-minded friends (for life) who you can lean on for support and offer support to.
But more than all of that, it offers you the opportunity to dive deep within you. So that you can practice listening to your body, listening to what you need. So that you can respond accordingly.
And finally, it offers you a comprehensive dive into many forms, practices and styles of Yoga and meditation practices, so that when you’re stuck and you don’t have an answer – you know where to turn to learn more.
Now is the best time, more than ever to dive into yourself. To commit to a new way of life that prioritises your health, the health and care of others, and the health of the world. And this journey begins with a Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training course.
If you feel unsure, get in touch with your current Yoga Teacher, or someone you may know who’s already on a Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training course. Listen to what they have to say about their experience. It’s very individual, so what they love about the course might be very different to what you love about the course.
For me personally, for my journey, Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training transformed my life in many ways:
- Physically I feel consistently healthy, strong and flexible. And I know how to heal when I need to.
- Emotionally I understand myself to a depth I never could have imagined, and I know there’s an ocean more still to learn.
- Mentally I understand my coping mechanisms, which ones are healthy and which ones I need to be more careful with.
- Career wise, I am fortunate to work within a Yoga Studio that cares deeply about everyone that crosses their path. I feel heard, valued and useful (something I never had in any previous job).
- With regards to Yoga, I have been introduced to a wealth of resources, styles, practices, traditions, meditations, rituals and teachers that keep me inspired every day to keep practicing and diving deep to learn more about myself, others, and the world around us.
I’m not saying I’ve got it all figured out, and I’m not sure I ever will figure it out. Whatever ‘it’ is, I don’t think exists to be fully understood. However what I am pleased about is the direction in which my life began to move when I took the plunge in 2014 and signed up for Yoga Teacher Training.
If you’re wondering how things might be different for you after lockdown, consider Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training. If you would like to learn more about what Yogafurie Academy can offer, we are holding a free online Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training event on Saturday May 16th 10am – 12pm where we will:
- Practice Yoga
- Offer information about the 200 Hour Yoga and Hot Yoga Teacher Training
- Answer any questions you might still have
- Hear from current and previous Teacher Trainees to learn from their experience, some of them who now teach for us
- And offer a special discount available to people who attend the event
Interested? Get in touch and we will send you a Zoom invite!
This article is offered by Sinead. You’ll find her online, in the hot studio (when we reopen), on our Yoga retreats and making appearances on Yogafurie Academy’s courses.