Come to France with Yogafurie!
Need a holiday with a difference? Join Yogafurie in France this June at the Chene Yoga Resort for a week of uplifting Yoga deep in beautiful French countryside.
Nestled between Toulouse and Bordeaux, Chene is in the ancient hamlet of Sainte Foy. Lovingly-restored old stone buildings add to its idyllic charm. There’s a swimming pool, split-level gardens to relax in and – of course – the Yoga Shala practice space.
We will start and end each day with optional early-morning meditation, followed by invigorating and refreshing Yoga. You’ll have the rest of each day free to explore the local area. There are a number of extra activities available (some at extra cost – see below) and there will be two optional daytime Yoga workshops.
Your retreat runs from 11th – 17th June 2018, with Ed and Sinead from Yogafurie, and prices start from just £670pp sharing a twin room.
There are three wonderful and charming houses that guests can choose to stay in. Each house has a remarkable character and has been lovingly restored to meet modern standards. Double, twin and single-occupancy options are available, and the price you pay includes:
- 6 nights.
- 2 physical Yoga sessions each day day (one Yoga session on arrival and departure days).
- Optional early-morning meditation on four days, prior to physical Yoga.
- Some optional daytime Yoga workshops.
- Practice outdoors in the sunshine and fresh air at the Yoga Shala!
- Yoga equipment including mats, bolsters, blocks and blankets.
- Brunch and dinner each day (except for one evening meal when we eat out at the local night market in Prayssas).
- A varied supply of teas & coffee.
- Use of all retreat facilities including swimming pool, badminton and boules court.
- Bed linen.
- 2 towels per person.
- Soaps, shower gels, shampoo etc.
- Wifi in all properties.
- A trip to the local night market.
All the meals are vegetarian. They are lovingly prepared using fresh and locally sourced organic ingredients from the hamlet whenever possible. Vegan, gluten free and other specific dietary requirements can be accommodated – just let us know and we will ensure your needs are met.
Chene has a beautiful outside yoga space, offering a stunning view over rolling countryside. This that can be made weather proof in the rare event of bad weather. There is also an indoor space that can be used, should we need to do something inside. Generally, it’s warm enough for us to spend most of our time outdoors.
We will practice each morning and each evening. You’ll have the whole day to yourself in between, but in case you want to just keep practicing, we will run some optional daytime workshop Yoga sessions.
Ed and Sinead are principal Yogafurie instructors, and between them, they have a wealth of experience helping people through Yoga. You’ll be in safe hands as they lead you through both dynamic and restorative, relaxing practices. There’ll be time to meditate, to breathe, to move and to be still in the quiet French hills.
Here’s some feedback from our previous retreats:
“3 days of total escapism! By the end I felt well rested and relaxed but super-strong, and the effects carried with me well into the next week/s.”
“The Retreat hosts – awesome! The diary of yoga events was evenly planned and spaced out. Interesting concepts (the partner workshop). So well organised all along over the weekend. The atmosphere was one of fun, friendship and learning.”
“Thank you so much for organising the retreat, that was an amazing experience!”
“I especially liked the morning walks, meditation and breathing”
What else can I do?
All of the following are available around the venue to you at no extra cost.
- Swimming in the pool onsite.
- Table tennis.
- Boules and Petanque.
- Walking – there are numerous tracks that lead you through woods, vineyards or to lakes in the valley and surrounding hills.
- Reading – there are lots of books available in the retreat centre.
- Gardening – If you feel the urge, just ask!
There are lots of other things to do too – the following can be arranged at extra cost:
- Stand-up paddle-boarding.
- Mountain biking.
- Horse riding.
- Wine tasting at the local vineyard.
There are three delightful accommodation buildings, each with its own unique charm, character and history. All feature comfortable rooms, bathroom facilities and kitchen/ living spaces. Read more about La Grange, La Maison and Le Pigeonier simply by clicking on the names.
The costs to stay are as follows:
- £670 pp, based on sharing a twin room, not ensuite.
- Upgrade to a double room (not ensuite): £760 to have the room to yourself, or £1160 for two as a couple.
- Prefer ensuite? Take a double ensuite to yourself for £830, or £1260 for two as a couple.
- Looking for luxury? Enjoy old oak roof beams, a private living space and stunning views all round for the ultimate holiday experience. Le Pigeonier is yours £980 for one person, or £1560 for two as a couple.
Book yourself in for a treat…
Call or email to reserve your spaces – contact us at email@example.com or 07807789875.
How to get here…
This is the easiest and most comfortable way to get to Chêne Yoga. Toulouse, Bordeaux and Bergerac are our local airports.
There are regular flights to Bergerac (one hour journey from Chêne Yoga) as well as to Toulouse and Bordeaux (aprx. one hour 20 from Chêne Yoga) airport, which can be reached from most major airports in the UK and Germany. However it might be worth looking for connections via a UK airport for guests from Germany, as even with a stop over in UK, the total price can be a lot cheaper than booking only via German airports, without a stop over. Please get in touch with us if there is any questions. We are happy to assist you with your bookings.
Besides the plane, there is also the option to catch a train to get to Chêne Yoga. The nearest stops are either Agen or Port-Sainte-Marie. From there you can catch a taxi which we can help to organise or get in touch with us to dicuss a pick-up service.
For train times within France, see www.voyages-sncf.com.